Control engineer for Mobile Robotics
Ready to make a big difference in technology?
You will join a young, passionate, and multidisciplinary team where you will ensure that our robots are moving smoothly. If that piques your interest, let’s get in touch and see if Avular could provide your next challenge!
You will work closely together with a talented team to ensure that our customers have a flawless experience when using our products. As part of our Custom Solutions team, you will be contributing to the robotic control software in our various projects, to create an end-to-end control solution for our customers. All software is realized in MATLAB Simulink and C++ on ROS2. You’ll initially focus on developing, extending, and testing the control software for our driving platform. This not only includes testing your control algorithms in a simulation environment but also piloting our platforms in various indoor and outdoor situations (together with a colleague and/or a customer). In the meanwhile, as an experienced engineer, you help mentoring the team and contribute to the professionalization of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As a control engineer at Avular, you need to have excellent communication skills and be full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities, and are able to work autonomously. You have creative ideas for solutions and you are willing to take responsibility for a substantial part of the control of various robots. You have demonstrable experience with ROS, C++, and MATLAB and you are passionate about mobile robotics and their applications.
- Creating end-to-end control solutions for our robots.
- Anything from sensor selection and filtering, sensor fusion, path planning, and obstacle avoidance, to smooth motion control, supervisory control, testing, and evaluation.
- Interaction with our customers and partners to achieve the best results.
- Help define and write requirements for new functionality including how to test.
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team even better
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, specialization in Control Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in control engineering.
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 and C++ is a must.
- Experience with the development and implementation of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms.
- A basic understanding of electronics and embedded software as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware and software engineers.
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: MATLAB Simulink, GIT, Jira, Confluence, Gazebo, RViz, Nvidia Jetson computing modules, (unit) testing, and simulation (testing)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can make a difference.
- Be part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development.
- Plenty of room for personal development, implementing new ideas, and opportunities.
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks, and all kinds of team events.
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 vacation days (excl. national holidays).
- Participation plan so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company.
- Non-contributory pension scheme.
- A reimbursement for your travel costs.
- The best fuel: good coffee and fresh fruit from the Philips Fruittuin.
- Location: Strijp-T in Eindhoven, where you are right at the crossroads between innovation and creativity.
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week.
WHO ARE WE
“With Gorgeous Tech, we accelerate the creation of Mobile Robotic Applications that shape a Brighter Future for all.”
We are a fast-growing high-tech robotics scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that robots are essential to sustain our society as a whole. Therefore, we aim to make the implementation of robots in practice as easy as possible. We develop the core technology for autonomous robots and build our own drones and driving robots from the ground up. We focus on modularity, making us versatile and adaptable to specific client wishes or changing market conditions. We firmly believe in collaborating with other companies that have their own expertise outside the robotics domain. Our robots can be found in various industries, focusing on Agriculture and Construction, Industrial drones, Hospitality, Care, and Service
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume and motivational letter, to our Talent Acquisition Partner Eva Martín via [email protected].