Embedded Software Engineer
At Avular we are looking for a new team member for our Essentials team. Here you will work on developing and productizing embedded software components for our modular robotics platforms. In this role you will make sure that our control and algorithmic engineers can use our products with either ROS or MATLAB Simulink to create more advanced features. So, you will become the bridge between our Hardware and higher-level software engineers or control engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As part of the team, you will be contributing mainly to the firmware and onboard applications where you will also be working on the co-development of the architecture. You understand the importance of developing (automated) tests and your Definition of Done includes these.
- Defining and writing the requirements for (new) functionalities.
- Contributing to our C++ codebase and sometimes Python.
- Developing firmware for our mobile robot systems.
- Developing drivers and functionality on MCUs with and without an RTOS, and exposing the API to our MATLAB Simulink toolchain.
- Documenting and testing the required software specifications.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- +5 years of professional (embedded) software.
engineer working experience.
- Great C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with embedded Linux and microcontrollers
- Experience with unit testing.
- Used to work and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including hardware engineers.
- Bonus: used to work in DevOps environments or experience with CI/CD.
- Bonus: experience with the following tools: Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can make a difference.
- Be part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development.
- Plenty of room for personal development, implementing new ideas, and opportunities.
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks, and all kinds of team events.
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 paid vacation days (excl. national holidays).
- Participation plan so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company.
- Non-contributory pension scheme.
- A reimbursement for your travel costs.
- The best fuel: good coffee & weekly fresh fruit.
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies.
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week.
WHO ARE WE
“With Gorgeous Tech, we accelerate the creation of Mobile Robotic Applications that shape a Brighter Future for all.”
We are a fast-growing high-tech robotics scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that robots are essential to sustain our society as a whole. Therefore, we aim to make the implementation of robots in practice as easy as possible. We develop the core technology for autonomous robots and build our own drones and driving robots from the ground up. We focus on modularity, making us versatile and adaptable to specific client wishes or changing market conditions. We firmly believe in collaborating with other companies that have their own expertise outside the robotics domain. Our robots can be found in various industries, focusing on Agriculture and Construction, Industrial drones, Hospitality, Care, and Service.
Are you our new colleague?
Click on Apply or send your application with your CV to our Talent Acquisition Partner Eva Martin, [email protected]. Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus.