Embedded System Test Engineer for Mobile Robotics
Do you like to work with mobile robotics? Do you have experience with testing (complex) embedded systems? Do you also believe that testing embedded systems is more than running code and are you not afraid of working with a multi-meter, oscilloscope or a logic analyser? Do you thrive when working in a dynamic environment with a young team whom you can share your knowledge and expertise with? Then come have a cup of coffee at the most inspiring robotics company in Eindhoven, because we are looking for you!
You are a technical person with affinity for mobile robots and autonomous systems. With your eye for detail and your structured and precise way of working, you are driven to achieve high-quality products. Defining and executing tests in a reproducible manner is what excites you. Having experience with flying drones and being in possession of a drone flying license is a big plus.
You will work with the team on developing and productizing mobile robotics platforms where you will ensure the quality of the products, hardware and software, delivered. You have excellent communication skills and are full of innovative and creative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and you love to share your experience with fellow (test) engineers. You are willing to take responsibility for defining new test scenarios, updating the test plan and improving the way we work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As an embedded system test engineer, you will help improve the quality of our products. You will work closely together with the test lead, test engineers and the rest of our talented multidisciplinary team to ensure our customer has a flawless experience with our products. As part of the team, you will be contributing mainly to test design and test execution. Obviously, you understand the importance of (automated) testing and stimulate the team to create and execute efficient testing procedures.
- Help defining and write requirements for (new) functionality including how to test
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team even higher performing.
- Design and implement test cases, test scenarios and test plans
- Analyse results and report on issues found. You are expected to identify trends in KPIs and quality as well
- Maintain test cases, test plans and (requirement) traceability
- Debug implementations in hardware and software environment
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow test engineers to raise the overall quality of the team and our products
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer/software science, electrical engineering, mechanics, mechatronics or comparable
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional (embedded) systems test engineer working experience
- Knowledge of test techniques (test certificate, ISTQB certification is an asset)
- Experience with requirements management and traceability is a plus
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Basic understanding of MATLAB/Simulink
- A decent understanding of electronics and embedded software as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware and software engineers
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Bonus: experience with tools like GitLab, Jira and Confluence
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can really make a difference
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and a variety of team events
- Excellent conditions of employment
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly send your application with CV to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum, [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus