Experienced Control Engineer
for Mobile Robot Perception
Can you make any robot understand its environment? Do you know all about sensor fusion, image processing and is SLAM a piece of cake for you? Then come have a cup of coffee at the most inspiring robotics company in Eindhoven, because we are hiring and looking for you!
You are an experienced control engineer who will ensure our robots understand their environment. You will work closely together with our talented multidisciplinary team to ensure that our mobile robots always know what they need to know to perform their tasks.
You will build and productize the perception capabilities of our modular robot control software stack by making it distinguish dynamic objects such as humans from static world features. You will work with cutting edge feature recognition and pose estimation algorithms. As part of our team, you will improve our localization systems, create advanced sensor fusion algorithms and enable smooth behavior of our robots in ROS (Robot Operating System).
You are ambitious and entrepreneurial, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have excellent communication skills and are full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and are able to work autonomously. You have creative ideas and are willing to take responsibility for developing new features and improving the way we work.
- Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical or control engineering or applied mathematics.
- 3-5 years’ experience with sensor fusion and state estimation algorithms, with a focus on either computer vision or SLAM algorithms.
- Experience with working in high-tech environments, preferably related to mobile robots (e.g., autonomous mobile robots (AMRs), positioning and navigation systems, computing boards like Nvidia Jetson or RPi, navigation and control algorithms etc.)
- Experience in programming in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating system) and Linux programming is a pro
- Basic understanding of electronics and the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware engineers.
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English and preferably Dutch too.
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Defining the requirements for perception functions of mobile robots.
- Knowing the limitations of certain perception sensors and methods and how to circumvent these.
- Identifying valuable algorithms. These can for example be SLAM, computer vision, pose estimation or other algorithms relevant for perception.
- Understanding in depth how these algorithms work and how to apply their principles optimally to the Avular use cases of mobile robots.
- Developing these algorithms further in a modular fashion within the defined architecture for application in our use cases.
- Building test setups in both simulation and on hardware platforms, to showcase our team’s developments.
- Supporting the deployment of your work in our customer projects and in our stand-alone products.
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying, and implementing ideas to make our team even more high performing.
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can really make a difference
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and variety of team events
- Excellent conditions of employment
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly send your application with CV to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum, [email protected]
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus