Experienced Embedded Software Engineer
for Mobile Robotics
Do you have experience with developing embedded software for platforms like the Raspberry Pi and NVidia Jetson? Do you know all about Linux, ROS and writing device drivers? Do you also believe that embedded software development is more than just writing code and are you not afraid of debugging with an oscilloscope? Do you like to work in a young team where you can share your knowledge and expertise with? Then come have a cup of coffee at the most inspiring robotics company in Eindhoven, because we are hiring and looking for you!
You are an experienced embedded software engineer who will ensure that our robotic platforms are able to communicate with their peripherals. You will work on making these peripherals accessible for our control engineers who use this data either in MATLAB Simulink or in ROS on embedded Linux. You play an important role as linking pin where you will be bridging the hardware (e.g. PCB design, component selection) and control engineering (Simulink/ROS) world.
You will work on developing and productizing embedded software components for our modular robotics platform. You have excellent communication skills and are full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and you love to share your experience with fellow software engineers. You are willing to take responsibility for developing new features, coaching junior software engineers and play an important role in improving the way we work.
- A Master’s degree in computer/software science or electrical engineering
- 4 – 7 years of professional (embedded) software engineer working experience
- Great C(++)-programming skills
- Experience with (embedded) Linux and ROS
- Experience with computing boards such as Nvidia Jetson or the Raspberry Pi
- Experience with leading role in a software project requiring intensive teamwork
- Experience with (unit)testing and quality control
- Bonus: experience with MATLAB Simulink and code generation tools
- Bonus: experience with following tools: GitLab, Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence
- Decent understanding of electronics and the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware engineers.
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As an embedded software engineer you will shape the software of our robots. You will work closely together with the rest of our talented multidisciplinary team to ensure our customer has a flawless experience with our products. As part of the team, you will be contributing mainly to the firmware and onboard applications where you will also be responsible for the design and develop the architecture accordingly. Obviously, you understand the importance of (automated) testing and stimulate the team to create efficient testing procedures.
- Defining and writing the requirements for (new) functionality
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying, and implementing ideas to make our team even more high performing.
- Contributing to our C(++) (and Python) codebase
- Developing firmware for our mobile robot systems
- Developing device drivers and make these available in MATLAB Simulink and ROS
- Automating software tests with Gitlab and Kubernetes
- Support hardware engineers in choosing the right components (e.g. sensors)
- Support control engineers in using (sensor) data in MATLAB Simulink
- Debug implementations in hardware and software environment
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow software engineers to raise overall quality of the team
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can really make a difference
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and variety of team events
- Excellent conditions of employment
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly send your application with CV to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum, [email protected]
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus