You are ready to make a big difference in technology!
You are an experienced software engineer who can create well-structured software applications out of robotic business ideas and feature requests.
You know the inner workings of embedded platforms and you speak fluent C(++). You thrive in a young, passionate team and you love to share your experience with fellow software engineers. You like an occasional game night and team events.
You have excellent communication skills and are full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and are able to work autonomously. You have creative ideas for solutions and are willing to take responsibility for a substantial part of Avular’s digital environment.
- A Masters degree in computer/software science or electrical engineering
- 5 – 10 years of professional (embedded) software engineer working experience
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M or similar micro-controllers
- Experience with embedded Linux
- High C(++)-programming skills
- Experience with leading role in a software project requiring intensive teamwork
- Know-how of basic electronics is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink and code generation tools is a plus
- Experience with following tools is a plus: ROS, GitLab, Kubernetes, Azure, Qt Creator, PyTorch
As a software engineer you will shape the software of our robots. You will work closely together with the rest of our talented multidisciplinary team and together ensure our customers a flawless experience with our products. As part of our team, you will be contributing to software modules throughout our product portfolio: from embedded firmware to desktop development applications. You do this specifically to ensure the mobile robotic systems are built upon a robust software architecture. You design and develop the inner architecture of the mobile robotic onboard computers, customer tooling and interface applications. Additionally, you understand the importance of automated testing and stimulate our team to create efficient testing procedures.
- Designing robust software architectures for embedded OS (real-time and Linux) and desktop applications
- Contributing to our C++ and Python codebase
- Developing firmware for our mobile robot systems and localization systems
- Expanding our MATLAB toolchain from graphical model to binary firmware
- Developing graphical user interfaces
- Automating software tests with Gitlab and Kubernetes
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow software engineers to raise overall quality of the team
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team
- We are a rapidly growing company where you can really make a difference
- Game nights and team events (when possible once more)
- Excellent conditions of employment
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities to improve the product portfolio
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Company lunch every Tuesday (when possible once more)
- Friday afternoon drinks with the team (when possible once more)
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly send your application with CV to Shannon Guntrum via [email protected]
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.