Integration & Test Manager
Do you want to be responsible for the integration and testing of life changing autonomous mobile robots? At Avular we build the hardware, software and robotic platforms to tackle every mobile robotic challenge, both ground solutions and aerial. We do this with the greatest enthusiasm because we belief that mobile robotics will help solve some of the toughest challenges of our time. Are you a person that always puts quality first, works in a structured way, but also is pragmatic about and focused on meeting important deadlines? Do you want to ensure reliability and always want to deliver quality? Do you want to educate our engineers in this process to ensure high quality and the creation of products that everyone loves to work with? Then this is the job for you!
You are a technical person that wants to ensure that everything our engineers develop will be integrated and can and will be tested in the correct way. You will work with the system architects and project manager to ensure a flawless transition from requirements and design to a well-defined test plan and integration of the different sub systems. Because the products that we create are highly multidisciplinary you will need a broad knowledge on different technical disciplines with an emphasis on the mechatronic parts. From working together with the electrical lead to create the correct test points and procedures, to working together with the mechanical team to undergo the correct simulations and real life testing up until a good alignment with our control software lead and (embedded) software lead for software testing and deployment.
You are able to spread the importance of system integration and testing. Therefor you will work with a lot of different people in the company and ensure that the development team is aligned on the integration and test process. You will chair the integration and test discipline leading all the people involved in the integration and test steps. Furthermore, you are in the lead of building the test team by looking for the missing links in competence and personality and lead the team to further develop our test facilities.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechatronic or electrical systems engineering, with knowledge of the software domain
- At least 3 years of relevant professional integration and testing experience of multidisciplinary products
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and some experience in leading a team of technical experts
- Experience with ISO, CE, and FCC certification
- Decent understanding of test points in electronic design and the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware engineers
- Decent understanding of virtual testing environments for physical systems
- Bonus: worked or played with drones (flying drones), or RC cars
- Bonus: setting up ISO standards and procedures
- Bonus: experience with EMC testing
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As the integration and testing manager your will manage the process of integrating the various sub-systems into a multidisciplinary product, and test these products against their system level requirements. As the manager you will both lead and grow the integration and test team, but also be involved in the execution yourself.
- Act as a senior integration and test engineer on our most critical development projects, this way leading by example
- Review and analyze requirements and determining the test approach
- Coordinate the integration of the various system components into an integrated product release
- Develop test plans and setting up test environments
- Execute test, and analyze and report test results and test coverage
- Being an evangelist of the important of testing and the corresponding procedures and thereby ensuring reliable and good quality products
- Implementing automated test procedures and structure wherever possible
- Helping with certification procedures of products and processes
- Identifying the gaps and developing the team in competence, procedures, and personalities
- Building and leading the integration and test team
- Grow our testing facilities and make sure that everything happens in a safe way together with our Safety lead
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can really make a difference
- Being coached by one of the top test engineers, that worked as lead engineer for Alonzo when he became world champion with the Renault F1 team, ran one of the RedBull air race teams, and worked as the testing lead for a big autonomous car company in San Francisco.
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and variety of team events
- Excellent conditions of employment
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly send your application with CV to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum, [email protected]
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus