Join our dynamic and passionate engineering team!
At Avular we design, build, and test the hardware, software, electronics, and robotic platforms to tackle every mobile robotic challenge, from ground solutions to aerial and aquatic solutions. We do this with the greatest enthusiasm because we believe that Mobile Robotics will help solve some of the toughest challenges of our time. If you are a mechanical engineer who is motivated to help us with designing solutions for (complex) customer problems and you thrive in a young, passionate team of engineers with multidisciplinary backgrounds, then you are the professional we are looking for!
You are full of innovative ideas, take initiative, oversee your tasks and responsibilities, and work autonomously. You have creative ideas for the best solutions and can contribute substantially to our products’ (electro)mechanical development activities. With your excellent communication skills, you can communicate with different disciplines and backgrounds to ensure alignment within and across the teams.
As part of the Custom Solutions team, you will be working together with your colleagues on solving a variety of customer problems where communication and a multi-disciplinary view are key for success. Your job will vary from designing components in CAD to assembly and testing your design in practice to building mobile robotics and preparing for (mass) production. You are also not afraid to work with electronics and are able to interact with electrical engineers to ensure the mechanical designs are aligned with the electronical designs (e.g. PCB dimensions and corresponding form factor).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Creating end-to-end mechatronic solutions for clients based on our mobile robotic platforms.
- Anything with regards to creating customer-specific designs for the Custom Solutions team in CAD.
- Assembling (the first version of) your own designs.
- Interaction with our customers and partners.
- Help define and write the requirements for (new) functionalities.
- Close teamwork with the assembly team and electrical engineers.
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make the mechanical team even higher performing.
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow mechanical engineers and the assembly team to raise the overall quality of the team and products.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Product Design (IPO), or something similar.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and creative skills.
- Affinity with creating sleek-looking products.
- A good understanding of mechanical engineering as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with control and electrical engineers or a desire to develop this ability.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Siemens NX , PLM software (Teamcenter) , Atlassian Jira and/or Confluence.
- Designing for manufacturing and assembly, with techniques like Injection molding, CNC-milling, and sheet metal.
- Building (parts for) drones or other flying platforms
- A very varied job with which you really make a difference in an international high-tech scale-up, where improvement processes are part of the daily work
- Be part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
- Lots of room for personal development and developing new ideas and opportunities
- A passionate multidisciplinary team with some of the brightest minds in the region representing all disciplines of robot development
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and all kinds of team events
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 vacation days (excl. national holidays)
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level, a reimbursement for travel costs and a non-contributory pension scheme
- Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
- The best fuel: good coffee and fresh fruit from the Philips Fruittuin
- Location: Strijp-T in Eindhoven, where you are right at the crossroads between innovation and creativity
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we accelerate the creation of new mobile robotic applications that shape a brighter future for all. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, and ensure robots can add their value to our future on a worldwide scale. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, always keeping our purpose in mind: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume and motivational letter, to our Talent Acquisition Partner Eva Martín via [email protected].