At Avular we design, build, and test the hardware, software, electronics, and robotic platforms to tackle every mobile robotic challenge, from ground solutions to aerial and aquatic solutions. We do this with the greatest enthusiasm because we believe that Mobile Robotics will help solve some of the toughest challenges of our time. If you are a mechatronics engineer who is motivated to help us with designing solutions for (complex) customer problems and you thrive in a young, passionate team of engineers with multidisciplinary backgrounds, then you are the professional we are looking for!
You are full of innovative ideas, take initiative, oversee your tasks and responsibilities, and work autonomously. You have creative ideas for the best solutions and can contribute substantially to our products’ mechanical and electrical development activities. With your excellent communication skills, you can communicate with different disciplines and backgrounds to ensure alignment within and across the teams.
As part of the Custom Solutions team, you will be working together with your colleagues on solving a variety of customer problems where communication and a multi-disciplinary view are key for success. Your job will vary from designing components in CAD to assembly and testing your design in practice to building mobile robotics and preparing for (mass) production. You are also not afraid to work with electronics and are able to occasionally design and review PCBs, wiring diagrams, and anything else related to electronics.
Besides working on the most innovative and challenging projects and products, we also find it important to celebrate our successes and do a lot of fun things together as a team such as team barbeques, sporting events, and a yearly team weekend.
- Secondary vocational education level 4 (MBO 4) or a Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronic Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- A good understanding of electronics and mechanical engineering as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with control and software engineers
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
– Siemens NX, Altium
– Atlassian Jira and Confluence
– Building and/or flying drones (or any other mobile robot)
– PCB design and testing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Defining and writing the requirements for (new) functionalities
- Creating end-to-end mechatronic solutions for our mobile robotic platforms
- Anything from designing (simple) casings in CAD, designing and testing custom mobile robotic components, designing, and testing (simple) PCBs, and assembling components into a product
- Interaction with our customers and partners
- Help define and write requirements for (new) functionality including how to test
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team even higher performing
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow mechatronic, mechanical, and electrical engineers to raise the overall quality of the team and products
- A unique opportunity to join an innovative tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built and where you can really make a difference
- Plenty of room for personal development and new ideas
- Be part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
- A young, passionate, multidisciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks, and a variety of team events
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 paid vacation days (excl. national holidays)
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level and a noncontributory pension scheme
- Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
- A reimbursement for your travel costs
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech company from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we help other companies develop new robots in a quicker and more efficient way. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, specifically for those applications that create a better future for all. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, keeping our purpose in mind at all times: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume, to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum via [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus.