At Avular we’re looking for a talent that will take responsibility for our software architecture. You’ll be working on the fundamental building blocks of our mobile robotic solutions, such as the OS of our compute platform, drivers for the sensors, or our user application Cerebra Studio. You work together with talented software engineers to develop software that enables us to bring our technology to the market.
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we accelerate the creation of new mobile robotic applications that shape a brighter future for all. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, and ensure robots can add their value to our future on a worldwide scale. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, always keeping our purpose in mind: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their wellbeing, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Create the right software architecture to support the envisioned system architecture
- Translating product requirements into technical requirements
- Come up with (high-level conceptual) software designs together with the team
- Ensure high quality code deliveries fulfilling the company needs
- Support the project manager(s) in creating plans to deliver software
- Develop and test code together with the software team
- A very varied job with which you really make a difference in an international high-tech scale-up, where improvement processes are part of the daily work
- Be part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
- Lots of room for personal development and developing new ideas and opportunities
- A passionate multidisciplinary team with some of the brightest minds in the region representing all disciplines of robot development
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and all kinds of team events
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 vacation days (excl. national holidays)
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level, a reimbursement for travel costs and a non-contributory pension scheme
- Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
- The best fuel: good coffee and fresh fruit from the Philips Fruittuin
- Location: Strijp-T in Eindhoven, where you are right at the crossroads between innovation and creativity
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week
- 1-2 year of experience as software architect or 7+ years of experience as (embedded) software engineer, ready to make that next step in your career.
- Experienced in C++ programming
- Experience with embedded Linux and ROS
- You have knowledge of:
- Qt framework
- Microcontrollers (e.g., STM32)
- Real time operating systems
- SysML or UML
- • You have experience with developing cloud systems
- • You flourish in a multidisciplinary team
- • Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- • Experience with the following is a bonus
- Visual paradigm
- MATLAB Simulink
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume, to our Interim Recruiter Esther Haes, via [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus.