Software Engineer (Tools & Infrastructure)
WHO YOU ARE
You are someone ready to make a big difference in technology!
You are a Software Engineer who can create robust software infrastructures and sophisticated toolchains for our robotic products and platforms. You know the ins and outs of setting up and maintaining complex software toolchains while working with different types of deployment platforms and processor architectures. You thrive in a young, passionate team and you love to share your in-depth software experience with fellow engineers. You like an occasional game night and team events.
You have excellent communication skills and are full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and are able to work autonomously while collaborating with different product teams. You have creative ideas for solutions and are willing to take responsibility for a substantial part of Avular’s software infrastructure.
As a Software Engineer (Tools & Infrastructure), you will shape how Avular will deploy and maintain its software systems. You will be responsible for building robust and futureproof tools for CI/CD pipelines, VM provisioning, load balancing and monitoring. both on our on-premise and cloud servers. You will work closely together with the rest of our talented multidisciplinary team, where you will be responsible for ensuring that they have a flawless experience with building, maintaining and releasing our software to our customers. You do this specifically to ensure the mobile robotic systems are built upon a robust software infrastructure, following the best practices of Site Reliability and DevOps Engineering.
- Converting coffee to code. 🙂
- Architecting robust software infrastructure and writing tools for the automated build, test and release of software.
- Developing deployment infrastructure with the focus on safety and security.
- Scaling our CI/CD infrastructure to ensure SLA 99.9% for the product teams.
- Writing tools for Gitlab team and build server management and Kubernetes deployments.
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow software engineers to raise overall quality of the team.
- Occasionally contributing to our C++ and Python codebase for both the embedded and desktop applications.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer/software science or similar discipline. Experience with working on production systems is a plus.
- Linux must be your go-to operating system and you must have an understanding of at least one software packaging system like deb/rpm.
- Knowledge of Windows is a plus.
- You must be familiar with different build systems like CMake, setuptools, etc., to write custom plugins for companywide infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of and experience with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a must.
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure, Scaleway, AWS, GCP, etc., is a must.
- Proficiency in Bash, Python and Git is a must.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD infrastructure and GitOps on GitLab is a must.
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink and code generation tools is a plus.
- Experience with ROS tooling and infrastructure is a plus.
- Knowledge of C++ and unit testing frameworks in C++ and Python is a plus.
- Experience with setting up on-premise servers is a plus.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN THE AVULAR TEAM
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team.
- We are a rapidly growing company where you can really make a difference.
- Game nights and team events (when possible once more).
- Excellent conditions of employment.
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities to improve the product portfolio.
- The best fuel: good coffee.
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies.
- Company lunch every Tuesday (when possible once more).
- Friday afternoon drinks with the team (when possible once more).