System Test Engineer for Mobile Robotics
Do you like to work with mobile robotics and do you have experience with testing high-tech systems? Are you not afraid of working with a multi-meter, oscilloscope or a logic analyser? Do you know the techniques to ensure or improve the testability of (embedded) systems? And, do you thrive working in a dynamic environment with a young team whom you can share your knowledge and expertise with? Then come have a cup of coffee at the most inspiring robotics company in Eindhoven, because we are looking for you!
You are a technical person with an affinity for mobile robots and autonomous systems. With your eye for detail and your structured and precise way of working, you are driven to contribute to building high-quality products. You will work with the team on developing and productizing mobile robotics platforms. You are communicative, you show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities and you love to share your experience with fellow (test) engineers. You take responsibility for test scenario definition, execution and reporting, and actively contribute to the overall process improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
You will work closely together with the test lead, test engineers, and the rest of our talented multidisciplinary team to ensure our customer has a flawless experience with our products. As part of the team, you will be contributing to test design, test execution and test reporting. You understand the importance of (automated) testing and you are able to stimulate the team to contribute to improving the testability of our products. You will be working with the latest technology and occasionally testing with the latest mobile robotics platforms.
- Review of product requirements and designs for testability
- Design and implement test cases, test scenarios, and test plans
- Maintain test cases, test plans, and (requirement) traceability
- Analyze logs, test results, and report on issues found
- Identify KPIs and possible trends in these KPIs or other test results
- Debug implementations in hardware and software environments (together with engineering) to provide a first analysis of a problem found
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team perform even higher
- Share your professional experience with fellow (test) engineers to raise the overall quality of the team and our products.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer/ software science, electrical engineering, mechanics, mechatronics, or comparable with an affinity for quality and testing
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional (embedded) systems test engineer working experience
- Knowledge of test techniques (test certificate, ISTQB foundation certification is an asset)
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Basic understanding of mechanics, electronics and embedded software
- Ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware, mechanical and software engineers
- Experience with requirements management and traceability is a plus
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Bonus: experience with tools like GitLab, Jira, Confluence, MATLAB/Simulink, Siemens NX, Altium
- A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built, where you can really make a difference
- Plenty of room for personal development, new ideas and opportunities
- Being part of our young, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 paid vacation days (excl. national holidays)
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level and a non-contributory pension scheme
- Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
- A reimbursement for your travel costs
- The best fuel: good coffee
- Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we help other companies develop new robots in a quicker and more efficient way. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, specifically for those applications that create a better future for all. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, keeping our purpose in mind at all times: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume, to our HR Business Partner Tessa Lips, via [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus.