Workshop & Prototyping lead
As workshop & prototyping lead at Avular, you will be in the lead of our workshop and prototyping lab. You’ll create awesome electronic and mechatronic prototypes to help the development of our products. It is a hands-on job which you will do together with a group of 3-4 talented colleagues.
You’ll also be responsible for producing small series (±10 pcs) of our products within the agreed timeline and with the right quality. Your keen eye for the production process identifies improvements and you will help to make it better. Together with the engineering team you will also develop the necessary production- and test tooling.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
• Design and build test setups for electronics design validation together with electronics designers.
• Test and validate our electronics.
• Operate the PCB assembly line (material preparation as well as stencil printer, SMD placer and reflow oven operation).
• Keep the workshop and prototyping lab organized and clean.
• Make sure that production orders (prototypes & small series) are delivered in time with the right quality.
• Help with setting up production tests for our electronics.
• Defi ne and write production (assembly) instructions.
• Maintain the stock of components and prototyping tools for the electronics lab.
• You’re precise and well-organized.
• With a good eye of observing other people’s work processes and finding ways of improving them.
• An understanding of electronics engineering (design and test) as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with mechanical and mechatronics engineers.
• Sufficient knowledge of building test setups for electronics design validation.
• Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English.
• Experience with any of the following is a bonus:
– ECAD tools: Altium Designer, KiCAD, Eagle, Pads, Allegro…
– MCAD tools: Siemens NX, SolidWorks,…
– NI LabView or similar platforms for test automatization.
• A unique opportunity to join an innovative tech company that’s revolutionizing the way robots are built and where you can really make a difference
• Plenty of room for personal development and new ideas
• Be part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
• A young, passionate, multidisciplinary team of professionals representing all disciplines of robot development and scaling up companies
• Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks, and a variety of team events
• Enough time to rest and relax with 30 paid vacation days (excl. national holidays)
• Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level and a noncontributory pension scheme
• Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
• A reimbursement for your travel costs
• The best fuel: good coffee
• Location: Strijp-T, Eindhoven, where you’ll be surrounded by other innovative companies
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we accelerate the creation of new mobile robotic applications that shape a brighter future for all. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, and ensure robots can add their value to our future on a worldwide scale. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, always keeping our purpose in mind: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume, to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum via [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus