Control engineer for Mobile Robotics
Ready to make a big difference in technology?
We are looking for an experienced control engineer who is motivated to ensure our robots move smoothly. A young, passionate, multidisciplinary team with which you can also enjoy team events like game nights or interesting masterclasses is exactly the team you are looking for. If this all applies to you, let’s get in touch and see if Avular could provide your next challenge!
You will work closely together with a talented multidisciplinary team to ensure that our customers have a flawless experience when using our products. As part of our team, you will be contributing to the robotic control software in our various projects, to create an end-to-end control solution for our customers. All software is realized in MATLAB Simulink and in C++ on ROS(2) (Robot Operating System). You’ll initially focus on developing, extending, and testing the control software for our driving platform. This not only includes testing your control algorithms in a simulation environment but also piloting the Ranger platform in various indoor and outdoor situations (together with a colleague and/or a customer). In the meanwhile, as an experienced engineer, you help the team in further growing the (technical) skills and contribute to the professionalization of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As a control engineer at Avular, you need to have excellent communication skills and be full of innovative ideas. You show initiative, can oversee your tasks and responsibilities, and are able to work autonomously. You have creative ideas for solutions and you are willing to take responsibility for a substantial part of the control of various robots. You have demonstrable experience with ROS, C++, and MATLAB and you are passionate about mobile robotics and their applications.
- Creating end-to-end control solutions for (driving) robots
- Anything from sensor selection and filtering, sensor fusion, path planning and obstacle avoidance, to smooth motion control, supervisory control and extensive testing and evaluation
- Interaction with our customers and partners
- Help define and write requirements for (new) functionality including how to test
- Continuously improving our way of working and proactively identifying and implementing ideas to make our team even higher performing
- Sharing your professional experience with fellow control engineers to raise the overall quality of the team and products
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (e.g. mechanical, electrical, computer science, robotics) with a specialization in Control Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience and proven experience in coaching team members to maximize their (and your) abilities
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 and C++ is a must
- Experience with coaching colleagues and building a team
- Good analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Affinity with mobile robots and autonomous systems
- Experience with the development and implementation of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms for mobile robots (at work or in your spare time)
- A basic understanding of electronics and embedded software as well as the ability to discuss and collaborate with hardware and software engineers
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: MATLAB Simulink, GIT, Jira, Confluence, Gazebo, RViz, Nvidia Jetson computing modules, (unit) testing, and simulation (testing)
- Bonus: good programming practices and experience with quality control.
- A very varied job with which you really make a difference in an international high-tech scale-up, where improvement processes are part of the daily work
- Be part of a fast-growing company with many career opportunities and short communication lines
- Lots of room for personal development and developing new ideas and opportunities
- A passionate multidisciplinary team with some of the brightest minds in the region representing all disciplines of robot development
- Game nights, Friday afternoon drinks and all kinds of team events
- Enough time to rest and relax with 30 vacation days (excl. national holidays)
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary based on experience level, a reimbursement for travel costs and a non-contributory pension scheme
- Participation in the company is included so you can benefit from the growth and success of our company
- The best fuel: good coffee and fresh fruit from the Philips Fruittuin
- Location: Strijp-T in Eindhoven, where you are right at the crossroads between innovation and creativity
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week
WHO ARE WE
We are a fast-growing high-tech scale-up from Eindhoven. At Avular, we believe that mobile robotics will help make the world a better place, so with our products and services we accelerate the creation of new mobile robotic applications that shape a brighter future for all. Our goal is to make robots accessible on a global scale, and ensure robots can add their value to our future on a worldwide scale. Our robots, both on the ground and in the air, can thus be found across industries, always keeping our purpose in mind: from agriculture to cleaning and from construction to hospitality. We set ambitious goals for ourselves, but with our team of highly motivated and bright colleagues, we together achieve our goals. We value our people and pay a lot of attention to their well-being, which is reflected in the informal culture at our office. Besides that, we find it important to celebrate our successes, as a team and as a company. As of day one, we will make sure you feel part of our tribe!
Are you our new colleague?
Send your application, including your resume, to our recruiter Shannon Guntrum via [email protected].
Adding a motivation letter to your application is a plus.